Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day one

Having reached a stage in my life (somewhere between middle-aged and elderly) where I think I might have gained some knowledge worth sharing with the world, this bog will be about food, gardening, and general lifestyle. Sometimes it will be about computers, cars, plumbing, traveling, raising children or just about anything else I think might be worth sharing. Bear with me, it might take me a while to get it right.


A recent victim of the economy I have been forced into early retirement. As I can't actually afford to retire yet, much as I would like to, I will have to find some new ways to make a living. In the meantime I am trying to live as cheaply as possible without compromising too much on the quality of my life.

I have always been keen to do things myself, whether home-improvement, making clothes or building websites. I have to admit this is mostly because I am cheap. Ever since I was a child I have looked at things in the shops and thought "I am sure I could do that", and then started to do the math.

Comments are welcome, so long as they aren't abusive or simply self-promoting. I don't pretend to be an environmental expert or a trained nutritionist. In fact, I am not really an expert in anything, so if someone corrects me in a way that I find convincing, I will update the post accordingly.
I may sometimes quote or post links to articles that I find useful or interesting. When I do so I will always try to give full credit. There is nothing new under the sun and many of the recipes I have, and methods I use, owe something to someone else. I won't always be able to remember who should be credited, but let me know if you think I am plagiarizing and I will give credit where due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. I welcome constructive criticism but will use my own discretion about what to publish.